Invites applications for a
RECEPTIONIST – SUMMER STUDENT EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM
Classification: $13.00 per hour
Hours of Work: 7.25 hours per day
Competition Number: 2020016-REC-P
Location: Portage la Prairie, Manitoba
The Summer Student Employment Program provides career related work experience opportunities for Metis, Non-status and Inuit students through the support of the Manitoba Metis Federation. The incumbent will provide customer services and reception services to families, visitors and office staff.
- Declaration of Metis, Non-Status or Inuit. Applicants are encouraged to self-identify in their cover letter.
- Must be students between the ages of 17 – 30 years old who attended school full-time during the preceding year and who intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the following academic year. (Part time and distance education students do not qualify)
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Intermediate MS software skills
- Ability to enter data according to specified format and ensure data integrity and accuracy
- Ability to sort and distribute incoming and outgoing forms
- Demonstrated understanding of Métis and Inuit culture and communities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Advanced communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to maintain highly sensitive and confidential information in all interactions
- Ability to work cooperatively within a team environment and independently
- Ability to interact with people in a respectful, tactful, diplomatic and professional manner
- Ability to produce an acceptable Child Abuse Registry Check, Prior Contact Check and Criminal Records Check
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and register documents for data collection
- Enter data according to specified format while ensuring data accuracy and integrity
- Sort and distribute incoming and outgoing forms
- Maintain adequate and accurate hard and electronic files
- Perform clerical duties, such as maintain filing and record systems
- Provide back-up coverage to the front reception desk
- Perform general office duties; faxing, scanning, etc
- Other duties as assigned
Your cover letter and resume must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.