Working with the Town of Newmarket’s Recreation and Culture Team, means the opportunity to make a difference and connect with your community! Working in Recreation means being apart of something special, gaining valuable work experience and learning new skills. We are looking for dedicated individuals who enjoy working with others with a passion to deliver high quality programs, events and services. One thing is for certain, you will love the experience and our participants will too!
The Successful Candidate will:
1. Greet participants and ensure attendance is taken at each class and all paperwork is handed in promptly on the last day of the session.
2. Provide a program plan to the Recreation Programmer on a weekly basis that incorporates age appropriate games, crafts & activities.
3. Set up necessary equipment and lead an engaging, inclusive and safe program.
4. Provide quality customer service to participants, parents/guardians, and general public. Respond to program feedback, enquiries and requests promptly.
5. Communicate and document any concerns to the Recreation Programmer (health and safety, attendance, participants, equipment, inventory, facility spaces).
6. Respond to emergency situations including performing minor first aid and/or arranging for medical assistance.
7. Perform other duties as assigned in accordance with departmental guidelines and corporate objectives.
We are always looking for new and exciting programs for participants to enjoy, including:
• Craft & Playtime
*For full listing of duties and responsibilities, please see the attached Job Description.
Training and demonstrated experience at a level related to the specified program being instructed.
Current certification(s) or workshop(s) from the stated teaching field, as required
Current High Five (Principles of Healthy Child Development) certification required.
Excellent customer service, communication, leadership, and organizational skills and sensitivity to interact with a diversity of patrons, parents, and staff in a courteous and efficient manner.
Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification required.
Availability/flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
Due to the nature of the contacts of this position a Police Vulnerable Sector Check satisfactory to the Town is required.
Please Note: Certifications are not required at time of application but must be obtained prior to job commencement. The Town of Newmarket may offer opportunities for certification.