Working with the Town of Newmarket’s Recreation and Culture Team, means the opportunity to make a difference and connect with your community! Working in Recreation means the start of something special, gaining valuable work experience and learning new skills. We are looking for dedicated individuals who enjoy working with others with a passion to deliver high quality programs, events and services. One thing is for certain, you will love the experience and our participants will too!
The Successful Candidate will:
1. Responsible for program delivery of Culture Programs, such as: Dance, Culinary & Visual Arts.
2. Be the on-site staff, to deliver your program in accordance with program plans.
3. Plan, coordinate and implement the delivery of safe programming to participants.
4. Respond to emergency situations including performing minor first aid and/or arranging for medical assistance when required, including follow up with Programmer.
5. Respond to enquiries and provides quality customer service to participants, parents/guardians, and general public.
We are always looking for new and exciting programs for participants to enjoy, including:
• Culinary Programs
• Dance Programs
• Arts Program
• Writing Programs
*For full listing of duties and responsibilities, please see the attached Job Description.
Training and demonstrated experience at a level related to the specified program being instructed.
Current certification(s) or workshop(s) from the stated teaching field, as required.
Excellent customer service, communication, leadership, and organizational skills and sensitivity to interact with a diversity of patrons, parents, and staff in a courteous and efficient manner.
Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification required.
Current High Five (Principles of Healthy Child Development) certification required for those who teach programs for those under 14.
Food Handlers Certification is required for Culinary Instructors.
Availability/flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
Due to the nature of the contacts of this position a Police Vulnerable Sector Check satisfactory to the Town is required.
Please Note: Certifications are not required at time of application but must be obtained prior to job commencement. The Town of Newmarket may offer opportunities for certification.